Memberships Available at A4 Sounds!
A4 Sounds is a interdisciplinary studio space and will suit artists of all sorts that enjoy working in a shared environment and need access to a wide range of facilities over the duration of their projects. Our members include fine artists, animators, writers, performers, makers, woodworkers and electronic engineers. If you are looking for an alternative to the traditional artist studio get in touch here!
The A4 Workshop with shared materials, tools & equipment for members.
Apply for membership!
We are currently looking for fine artists working in a range of disciplines including sculpture, print and textiles.
As a socially engaged organisation we have also have a keen interest in applications from artists working in the following disciplines: Social Practice, Social Justice, Social Intervention, Socially Engaged, Dialogical, Participatory, Critical Thinking & Research, Activist, Political, Relational, Community, Collaborative Art or New Genre Public Art.
To apply please fill out our application form here!
Our Waiting Lists:
We currently have a wating list for our private workspaces. You can add your name to this list via our application form.
To keep a balance of activity at the studio, we pause applications from certain disciplines when there is a high number of artists working in these areas. When spaces free up we will get in contact with those on our waiting list first.
At the moment we have paused applications from Filmmaking, Animation, Spoken Word Performance and Writing.
If you work in one of these areas, please feel free to fill in our application form and we can add you to the list.
The A4 Library Room & The Forgotten Zine Archive
What you get!
Our memberships are modular starting at €60 per month, with the option of adding a storage locker (€10-€80 pm) or a personal workspace (€100-€130 pm).
Regular Membership includes:
– 24/7 access
– WiFi and bills
– Kitchen facilities
– Outdoor garden with mezzaine & bike storage
– Member discounts within A4 and local businesses
– Profile page on our website
– Access to meeting & workshop room
– Free Scanning & Printing
– Access to shared workspaces
– Access to shared equipment & materials
The A4 Darkroom
– Darkroom (Colour / Black & White)
– Electronics Area
– Workshop & Tools
– Reduced rental fees to our Event Space for rehearsals & exhibitions
– Option to rent a personal workspace short term for the creation of larger works or exhibition preparation*
A4 Artist Talk, Kate McElroy, 2017
Professional Development & Training
– Free Darkroom Training
– Free Screen-printing Training
– Free Workshop Training
– Free or Reduced fees on public workshops & courses
– Regular Artist Talks and group discussion
– Regular exhibitions and events
– Collaboration opportunities with a wide range of artists
– Opportunities to host own workshops and discussion groups or to join those hosted by our members
– Ongoing support from the A4 Team
– Online studio group to share ideas, ask for help and stay in touch with our members.
Studio 1, Private Workspaces
– Locker rental, various sizes €10 – €80 per month
– Personal Workspace €100 – €130 (currently a waiting list for these)
– 40% discount on gallery & event space hire
*we have a large workspace available to members to rent on a 1 month basis in our workshop for €130.
Exhibition, Dr. Nadia Kelbova by Justyna Kielbowicz, 2017
More information here!
How to find us!