A4 Sounds is a non-profit artist-run workspace and gallery in north-inner-city Dublin. It is one of the biggest artist-led spaces in Ireland, currently providing facilities and professional development supports to 80 artists. Our mission is to transform the means by which cultural works are produced, accessed, and understood in Ireland, and by doing so to contribute to the development of a more just society. Guided by feminist, anti-racist, anti-capitalist, and LGBT-inclusive politics, A4 Sounds supports artists and activists who fight for change.
AS A MEMBER OF A4 SOUNDS YOU ARE EXPECTED TO UPHOLD THE VALUES OF OUR COMMUNITY:
1. RESPECT your fellow members. Sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia or ableism will not be tolerated.
2. SUPPORT your fellow members. This is a community and we grow as artists together when we support each other.
3. SHARE with your fellow members. This is a shared workspace in many ways. We share space and resources on a daily basis, and knowlege, information, skills and opportunities when we can.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
We aim to offer an affordable alternative to the traditional private artist studio, with additional access to a wide range of facilities & training and an educational programme. For a full desciption of our studio memberships please visit here. Further information here!
WHAT KINDS OF ARTISTS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are eager to hear from artists working in a wide range of disciplines including fine arts, textiles, new media, research, performance, sculpture and more. As a socially engaged organisation we have keen interest in applications from artists working in the following disciplines: Social Practice, Social Justice, Social Intervention, Socially Engaged, Dialogical, Participatory, Critical Thinking & Research, Activist, Political, Relational, Community, Collaborative Art or New Genre Public Art.
- Applicants to fill out our membership contact form below.
- The A4 Team reviews applications and invites selected applicants to view the studio.
- After viewing, those interested in joining will invited to join or added to our waiting list depending on number of memberships available.
- New members will be selected based on their portfolio and available space within the studio.