A4 Supported Project Award
A4’s mission is to transform the means by which cultural works are produced, accessed, and understood in Ireland, and by doing so to contribute to the development of a more just society. We want to Make Art That Matters.
Aims of the Award
The A4 Project Support Scheme was established in Jan 2016 to support the research, development, production and dissemination of socially engaged art works, through the provision of studio & exhibition space, access to facilities, training and professional support and other resources available at the A4 Arts Studios to selected groups of artists. Successful participants of the award will receive up to 12 months* support for their projects.
2016 // 2017
Priorities of the Award
- To support projects which fall under A4’s curatorial theme for any given year.
- To support projects which are in line with our organisations mission, those which are social and/or political and aim to make meaningful changes to Irish Society.
- To support projects which are developed and disseminated through dialogue, participation and collaboration, and which respond to the real needs and concerns of communities.
- To support projects which are ambitious, contemporary and challenging in nature whilst also accessible and engaging for participants and audiences.
- To support projects with a previous track record of meaningful work.
- Membership of the A4 Arts Studio which includes:
– Access to shared workspaces
– Access to our meeting room and library
– Access to our screen-printing facilities
– Access to our darkroom (colour and black and white)
– Access to our workshop and shared tools
– Access to our electronics area
– Access to our outdoor yard
– Access to shared materials & resources
– Basic training in all areas including darkroom, workshop, printing & electronics
– Scanning and colour printing facilities
– Profile page on our website
– Cooking facilities and coffee & tea
– Free access to our events space for rehearsals, workshops, screenings, meetings, exhibitions or other events (booking required)
- Free access to AV and PA equipment
- Free access to technicians for events, including sound and production technicians
- Free additional/group training by our darkroom, screen-printing, electronics and workshop technicians.
- Up to 10 free bookings** into our educational programme (average value of €80 per course to our studio members)
- Support in the planning and execution of public events
- Critical feedback at scheduled review sessions
A4 require that projects we support fulfill the following criteria:
- The project meets the priorities of our award as set out above.
- At least two presentations, talks or discussion based events takes place for or with A4 studio members.
- All the project members adhere to the same code of conduct as our studio members and should sign a membership contract.
- A report of the year’s work is submitted within 3 months of the completion of the award.
- The award is open to groups only. Individuals can apply to our artist in residence programme.
*Time-scale of support depends on the nature of the project. A4 may choose to support a small number of short term projects instead of one large project
** Number depends on the size of the group supported
If you are interested in being considered for the award please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org