PRINT YOUR OWN T-SHIRT
CATUx TRANS HARM REDUCTION x A4 SOUNDS
SUN 4TH DEC 2022 | A4 Sounds
We are starting a new winter tradition with our second Print Your Own T-Shirt event, this year joined by Trans Harm Reduction!
Bring a t-shirt or tote bag with you and we will help you print some slick designs on them! No experience needed! Drop into A4 Sounds on Sunday 5th December from 1pm
There will be a few designs to choose from. We will share them over the coming weeks.
Donations will be collected on the day per print. All funds raised will be split between CATU and Trans Harm Reduction.
WHAT TO BRING?
Bring a t-shirt or tote bag
If you don’t have a t-shirt or bag handy, we will have a small amount available for you to buy – however they might sell out fast, so we recommend bringing your own.
You can also print onto a cushion cover or pieces of fabric if you want – just make sure the fabric is at least 30x30cm so the designs fit.
WHAT WILL WE PRINT?
There will be a selection of designs – we’ll post pictures in the comments of this event over the next few weeks.
If you want your print to turn out well & last a long time it’s best to bring a clean cotton or cotton blend t-shirt, with a smooth surface.
Avoid stretchy fabrics.
We’ll have irons on the day, but if you want to avoid the boring bits, pre iron before you come along!
WHEN & WHERE?
DATE & TIME
Sunday 4th Dec 2022
1:00pm – 5:00pm
Last entry to the session will be 4:15pm.*
Please ensure to arrive before then to avoid disappointment.
*Printing will take a bit of time as you will need to do a bit of prep and then seal your print after so you can put it in the wash.
A4 Sounds Gallery
St Joseph’ Parade
Upper Dorset Street
Google Maps https://goo.gl/maps/sgxTHuLiNRu
BOOK YOUR SPOT!
Booking encouraged, not essential.
Cost: Donations taken on the day per print.
Masks must be worn inside.
This event will take place in our print studio which is not wheelchair accessible.
The room is located on the first floor and accessed via a flight of stairs (approx 22 steps) so may be inaccessible for folks with movement impairments.
Further information below.
CATU Ireland is a union for communities and tenants, that means renters, council tenants, mortgage holders and people in emergency & precarious living situations. By a union they mean you, and your fellow members coming together to combat common problems. They are an organisation fighting for collective gains in the homes, communities and lives of all of their members.
TRANS HARM REDUCTION
Trans Harm Reduction (THR) is a volunteer-run grassroots organisation supporting trans people in Ireland and Scotland to manage the risks associated with self-medicating.
They believe that trans people will only secure the healthcare they need through organising and empowering themselves as a community, which they are contributing to through their mutual aid and harm reduction work. Their mutual aid and support work includes operating a healthcare fund, providing free and safe injecting supplies and access to information through a network of peer support coordinators
Learn More: transharmreduction.org
THE COMMON THREAD
The Common Thread forms part of our WOWTE Programme. It is a series of experiments and happenings that serve as an ongoing public discussion, drawing out shared themes and engaging audiences in an ongoing conversation about the goals and strategies of social change: what kind of society do we want and how should we get there?
We Only Want the Earth is kindly supported by The Arts Council’s Art Grant Funding 2020-2022
A4 Sounds continues to prioritize the needs of its members who are highly vulnerable to COVID-19 so the following rules are in place for this workshop:
- On arrival we will ask you to sanitize your hands and put on a mask. Please bring one with you. If you don’t have one, they can be purchased for €1 at the door.
- We will ask for a name and email address for contact tracing purposes.
- Masks will be worn inside at all times.
- The room will be ventilated and an air purifier will be operating throughout the day.
- A maximum of 10 persons will be allowed into the print area at any one time. If there is a queue you can hang out in our garden area and have a chat until it’s your turn to print.
- To ensure your safety and that as many people can participate as possible we will avoid hanging around time inside the studio and print area and ask you to head to the garden for chats when you are finished.
- You are very welcome to hang in the garden for the duration of the session!
For those who can afford to, we recommend taking an antigen test on the day before coming along. We encourage anyone that can to walk and cycle to the studio.
General Accessibility Information:
- This event will take place in our print studio which is not wheelchair accessible.
- The room is located on the first floor and accessed via a flight of stairs (approx 22 steps) so may be inaccessible for folks with movement impairments.
Event Specific Information:
- Some preparation is involved which includes ironing your t-shirt or fabric. Help will be available on the day for anyone that needs it.
- Seats are available for the preparation part of the session if needed.
- To print your t-shirt you will need to stand for approx 1-3 minutes per print. Breaks can be taken between mutliple prints if needed.
- To seal your print we will be using a flash dryer which reaches high temps. Assistance will be provided if needed. Heat guns may also be used. These are also high in temp, assistance can again be provided.
- Seats are available for the sealing part of the session if needed.
- Our bathrooms are gender-neutral
- Our bathrooms are not wheelchair accessible.
- Our bathrooms are located on the first floor via a flight of stairs (approx 22 steps) so may be inaccessible for people with movement impairments.
If you have specific needs that are not included in this information please get in touch and we will work with you to ensure you are comfortable on your visit. You can email us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
We Only Want the Earth is intended as a broad conversation about the goals and strategies of social change: what kind of society do we want and how should we get there? You can find out more information about our programme here.
If you support what we do please consider donating 1 hour of your monthly wage to We Only Want the Earth.
Your support will enable is to realise our programme to its fullest potential by enabling us to pay fair wages, facilitate more engaging and accessible art experiences and help us develop our programme for many years to come.